Photo Essay for Practicum

       Me, being an intern for “Wil Productions” TV5 has got to be the best summer experience this college year. I remember myself worrying that no good company might accept me to work for them, that my credentials as a student were not really that impressive. I did not want to keep my hopes up. I told myself that whatever comes along I will just go with it and not be “choosy” about it. I was honestly scared to go out there and experience the real world outside UST. I already felt intimidated though I haven’t even started to work for any company yet.  I was cynical about certain things like people in the professional world might not take me seriously. But still the fighter in me did not really backed down I knew that part of me needed this experience to help me grow as a person. There’s this urge to prove myself wrong regarding these negative thoughts in my mind.
          How I got this internship explains why it felt like it was meant for me. I was sending my resume to a couple of companies online and was merely waiting for their reply. I didn’t want to be too comfortable so while waiting I tried to go with some of my friends and do some walk-ins. By some chance, a friend of mine told me she had an interview for TV5 because someone recommended her. I went with her together with another block mate of mine so that I could pass my resume to someone in the office and not really expecting to get accepted or even be asked for an interview. We were told that the person my friend was supposed to meet was already there. She encouraged us to go with her and not be shy. We were introduced to “the person” and though I was nervous I did not really want to miss this chance. I spoke up saying my name and told her that we were hoping we could pass our resume. She scanned our resumes and signed all of them then told us to go upstairs and give it to the HR personal. I was clueless at first and had no idea what was happening. Things were coming up too fast we were asked to pass a couple of requirements, a photo for our I.D. and etc. It did not really sink in to me after a couple of minutes that we were actually accepted and could already start as soon as possible. Am I lucky or what?! Though, I was aware that the network’s location (Novaliches city) was far from where I am staying and travelling is a lot of hassle. I pushed through and convinced my parents to sign my waiver.     

                                                                                                                                               Now starts my internship experience:

 The People:

Meet our awesome bosses; they are only some of the people I have worked with for a month or plus. I have to say that they are a fun crowd to be with. These people have contributed a lot on changing my perceptions about the professional world and how I see life outside school. I have learned a lot from them regarding how the television world revolves and how to handle pressure/work. They were always there to guide us and tell us how to get things done properly. I am thankful for that and for having the chance to work with them
Here are my co-interns that made working fun and a little less on the hard side. I love how we became good friends even after the internship. I will forever treasure our memories together that summer.

                                       Inside the Studio:

 Some photos during the live show and rehearsals before we go on-air. You can see here how people behind the camera works (photos on the right side: There’s the floor director and one of the camera men and that’s me holding a sign board to communicate with the audience)

We love working: 
This internship allowed me to meet/deal with different kinds of people. It has been my pleasure to hear and learn from their personal stories (Briefing the audience, audience listing, assisting the contestants)

                                            The Perks: 
The perks would have to be getting invited into a nice dinner by your bosses. Then meeting celebrities you only see on television and having an amazing story to share with people.

Another bonus is having the chance to help people and taking that moment with you for the rest of your life. I would never forget this lola and I hope she never forgets me too. Lola went all the way to Novaliches city from her province and spent the night outside the TV networks’ building to watch the show hoping that she’ll win something. Yes, I feel like it’s not worth the risk to do what she did. I don’t really agree on it, but who could blame her right? She won on one portion of the show and took home an amount of money with her. This photo was taken when we assisted her down the canteen as instructed by our boss because they discovered that she hadn’t eaten a decent meal yet. The crew of the show was very accommodating and even gave her a ride home the next day. These are the things that we are unaware of, the staff doing what is beyond their job which is just to give the viewers a great show and I was privileged to witness all of it.

There are a lot of memories that I would take with me after my internship. If there is anything that I am really thankful for personally, is the growth that it has installed in me. This internship has removed my doubts and fears on entering  the professional world.  After my 200 hours as an intern I have gained experience, knowledge, new friends and courage to face more challenges after I graduate. I am now thrilled to work and take a step closer into the next chapter of my life.

 THE END.
#WiltimeBigtime #Televsion